PUBLIC DEBATE: Work and employment of migrants in times of crisis22. 3. 13
This video is an edited record of the public debate “Work and employment of migrants in times of crisis” which took place on 18 March 2013 in Ljubljana. This public event was organized by the Peace Institute (Ljubljana) and was focused on conditions of work and employment for migrants in Slovenia. In times of economic crisis and governmental austerity measures, migrant workers can hardly find a suitable (or even any kind of) employment in Slovenia. When a company is insolvent and has to reduce the number of employees, migrant workers are usually among the first to lose their jobs.
- Elvis Alukić, president of the Association of Bosnian-Slovenian Friendship Ljiljana,
- Veronika Bajt, researcher from the Peace Institute,
- Majda Džinić Poljak from the Employment Service of Slovenia – Info Point for Foreigners,
- Goran Lukič from the Association of Free Trade Unions of Slovenia, and
- Sara Pistotnik, researcher and activist from the Rog Social Centre.
The video has been produced within the project "Migration to the Centre" supported by the Europe for Citizens Programme of the European Union and the International Visegrad Fund.
The video reflects the views only of the speakers, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein.